1 × France
1 × South Korea
3 × USA
J.P.Birnholtz J.T.Hancock L.Reynolds E.P.S.Baumer M.French J.T.Hancock D.T.Nguyen C.Lai G.Leshed E.Litt E.L.Spottswood P.Adams V.D.Khovanskaya T.C.Liao V.S.Sosik K.Williams
facebook (2) colleg (2) butler (2) lie (2) freshmen (1) communic (1) unavail (1) present (1) practic (1) percept (1)
Person: Madeline E. Smith
Wrote 5 papers:
- CHI-2015-FrenchSBH #ambiguity #how #lens
- Is This How We (All) Do It?: Butler Lies and Ambiguity Through a Broader Lens (MF, MES, JPB, JTH), pp. 4079–4082.
- CSCW-2014-LittSBHSR #facebook #self
- Awkward encounters of an “other” kind: collective self-presentation and face threat on facebook (EL, ELS, JPB, JTH, MES, LR), pp. 449–460.
- CHI-2013-BaumerAKLSSW #case study #experience #facebook
- Limiting, leaving, and (re)lapsing: an exploration of facebook non-use practices and experiences (EPSB, PA, VDK, TCL, MES, VSS, KW), pp. 3257–3266.
- Butler lies from both sides: actions and perceptions of unavailability management in texting (LR, MES, JPB, JTH), pp. 769–778.
- CSCW-2012-SmithNLLB #communication
- Going to college and staying connected: communication between college freshmen and their parents (MES, DTN, CL, GL, EPSB), pp. 789–798.