1 × France
1 × South Korea
2 × Canada
3 × USA
S.R.Fussell D.Cosley N.Yamashita A.M.J.Hautasaari B.Xu P.J.Hinds C.Zhao H.Wang A.Echenique D.C.Hau Z.Yao
translat (5) collabor (4) machin (4) nativ (4) multilingu (3) speaker (3) improv (3) two (3) non (3) transcript (2)
Person: Ge Gao
Wrote 9 papers:
- CHI-2015-GaoYHF #automation #collaboration #game studies #how #multi
- Improving Multilingual Collaboration by Displaying How Non-native Speakers Use Automated Transcripts and Bilingual Dictionaries (GG, NY, AMJH, SRF), pp. 3463–3472.
- CSCW-2015-GaoXHYCF #collaboration #multi
- Two is Better Than One: Improving Multilingual Collaboration by Giving Two Machine Translation Outputs (GG, BX, DCH, ZY, DC, SRF), pp. 852–863.
- CHI-2014-GaoYHEF #automation #communication #multi
- Effects of public vs. private automated transcripts on multiparty communication between native and non-native english speakers (GG, NY, AMJH, AE, SRF), pp. 843–852.
- CHI-2014-HautasaariYG #communication #detection #quote
- “Maybe it was a joke”: emotion detection in text-only communication by non-native english speakers (AMJH, NY, GG), pp. 3715–3724.
- Improving machine translation by showing two outputs (BX, GG, SRF, DC), pp. 3743–3746.
- CSCW-2014-GaoXCF #how #multi
- How beliefs about the presence of machine translation impact multilingual collaborations (GG, BX, DC, SRF), pp. 1549–1560.
- CHI-2013-GaoWCF #experience
- Same translation but different experience: the effects of highlighting on machine-translated conversations (GG, HCW, DC, SRF), pp. 449–458.
- CSCW-2013-GaoHZ #how #network #social
- Closure vs. structural holes: how social network information and culture affect choice of collaborators (GG, PJH, CZ), pp. 5–18.
- CSCW-2012-ZhaoHG #community #how #online #people #self
- How and to whom people share: the role of culture in self-disclosure in online communities (CZ, PJH, GG), pp. 67–76.