1 × Austria
1 × China
1 × France
1 × Georgia
1 × Italy
1 × South Korea
14 × USA
5 × Canada
L.D.Setlock D.Cosley R.E.Kraut H.Wang G.Gao S.B.Kiesler D.Gergle D.T.Nguyen L.M.Oh B.Xu N.Goyal G.Leshed A.D.Balakrishnan N.Yamashita A.M.J.Hautasaari P.Scupelli J.Ou J.Yang J.P.Birnholtz N.Bi D.Avrahami S.E.Hudson E.I.Diamant F.Lo A.D.I.Kramer S.Kayan C.Neuwirth J.Siegel C.W.Yuan A.Kittur L.A.Dabbish D.R.Millen A.Echenique Y.Xiao M.D.Gross D.C.Hau Z.Yao J.Wong C.P.Rosé F.J.Lerch W.L.Scherlis M.M.McNally J.J.Cadiz
effect (13) collabor (11) communic (9) visual (9) cultur (9) messag (8) convers (7) translat (6) group (6) instant (5)
Person: Susan R. Fussell
Facilitated 1 volumes:
Wrote 38 papers:
- CHI-2015-GaoYHF #automation #collaboration #game studies #how #multi
- Improving Multilingual Collaboration by Displaying How Non-native Speakers Use Automated Transcripts and Bilingual Dictionaries (GG, NY, AMJH, SRF), pp. 3463–3472.
- CSCW-2015-GaoXHYCF #collaboration #multi
- Two is Better Than One: Improving Multilingual Collaboration by Giving Two Machine Translation Outputs (GG, BX, DCH, ZY, DC, SRF), pp. 852–863.
- CHI-2014-GaoYHEF #automation #communication #multi
- Effects of public vs. private automated transcripts on multiparty communication between native and non-native english speakers (GG, NY, AMJH, AE, SRF), pp. 843–852.
- CHI-2014-GoyalLCF #analysis #collaboration
- Effects of implicit sharing in collaborative analysis (NG, GL, DC, SRF), pp. 129–138.
- Improving machine translation by showing two outputs (BX, GG, SRF, DC), pp. 3743–3746.
- CSCW-2014-GaoXCF #how #multi
- How beliefs about the presence of machine translation impact multilingual collaborations (GG, BX, DC, SRF), pp. 1549–1560.
- CHI-2013-GaoWCF #experience
- Same translation but different experience: the effects of highlighting on machine-translated conversations (GG, HCW, DC, SRF), pp. 449–458.
- CHI-2013-GoyalLF #analysis #visualisation
- Effects of visualization and note-taking on sensemaking and analysis (NG, GL, SRF), pp. 2721–2724.
- CSCW-2013-NguyenF #communication #process
- Effect of message content on communication processes in intercultural and same-culture instant messaging conversations (DTN, SRF), pp. 19–32.
- CSCW-2013-WangFC #idea
- Machine translation vs. common language: effects on idea exchange in cross-lingual groups (HCW, SRF, DC), pp. 935–944.
- CSCW-2013-YuanSCF #communication #comprehension #multi
- Understanding informal communication in multilingual contexts (CWY, LDS, DC, SRF), pp. 909–922.
- CHI-2012-BirnholtzBF #behaviour
- Do you see that I see?: effects of perceived visibility on awareness checking behavior (JPB, NB, SRF), pp. 1765–1774.
- CSCW-2012-NguyenF #analysis #how
- How did you feel during our conversation?: retrospective analysis of intercultural and same-culture instant messaging conversations (DTN, SRF), pp. 117–126.
- CHI-2011-SetlockF #communication #interactive
- Culture or fluency?: unpacking interactions between culture and communication medium (LDS, SRF), pp. 1137–1140.
- CSCW-2011-WangFC #difference
- From diversity to creativity: stimulating group brainstorming with cultural differences and conversationally-retrieved pictures (HCW, SRF, DC), pp. 265–274.
- CHI-2010-ScupelliXFKG #aspect-oriented #coordination #physics
- Supporting coordination in surgical suites: physical aspects of common information spaces (PS, YX, SRF, SBK, MDG), pp. 1777–1786.
- CSCW-2010-BalakrishnanFKK #analysis #collaboration #information management #visualisation
- Pitfalls of information access with visualizations in remote collaborative analysis (ADB, SRF, SBK, AK), pp. 411–420.
- CSCW-2010-SetlockF #cost analysis #tool support #what
- What’s it worth to you?: the costs and affordances of CMC tools to asian and american users (LDS, SRF), pp. 341–350.
- CSCW-2010-WangCF #idea #visual notation
- Idea expander: supporting group brainstorming with conversationally triggered visual thinking stimuli (HCW, DC, SRF), pp. 103–106.
- CSCW-2010-WangF #multi #online #similarity
- Groups in groups: conversational similarity in online multicultural multiparty brainstorming (HCW, SRF), pp. 351–360.
- CHI-2009-WangFS #adaptation #communication #difference
- Cultural difference and adaptation of communication styles in computer-mediated group brainstorming (HCW, SRF, LDS), pp. 669–678.
- CHI-2008-BalakrishnanFK #collaboration #question #visualisation
- Do visualizations improve synchronous remote collaboration? (ADB, SRF, SBK), pp. 1227–1236.
- CSCW-2008-AvrahamiFH #communication #latency
- IM waiting: timing and responsiveness in semi-synchronous communication (DA, SRF, SEH), pp. 285–294.
- CSCW-2008-DiamantFL #performance
- Where did we turn wrong?: unpacking the effect of culture and technology on attributions of team performance (EID, SRF, FlL), pp. 383–392.
- CHI-2007-WongOORYF #multi
- Sharing a single expert among multiple partners (JW, LMO, JO, CPR, JY, SRF), pp. 261–270.
- CHI-2006-GergleKF #collaboration #feedback #performance #visual notation
- The impact of delayed visual feedback on collaborative performance (DG, REK, SRF), pp. 1303–1312.
- CHI-2006-KramerOF #communication #using
- Using linguistic features to measure presence in computer-mediated communication (ADIK, LMO, SRF), pp. 913–916.
- CSCW-2006-KayanFS #difference #using
- Cultural differences in the use of instant messaging in Asia and North America (SK, SRF, LDS), pp. 525–528.
- CHI-2005-DabbishKFK #comprehension #email #predict
- Understanding email use: predicting action on a message (LAD, REK, SRF, SBK), pp. 691–700.
- CHI-2005-OuOYF #collaboration
- Effects of task properties, partner actions, and message content on eye gaze patterns in a collaborative task (JO, LMO, JY, SRF), pp. 231–240.
- CHI-2004-FussellKSS #multi
- Effects of instant messaging on the management of multiple project trajectories (SRF, SBK, LDS, PS), pp. 191–198.
- CHI-2004-GergleMKF #chat #matter #persistent
- Persistence matters: making the most of chat in tightly-coupled work (DG, DRM, REK, SRF), pp. 431–438.
- CSCW-2004-GergleKF #visual notation
- Action as language in a shared visual space (DG, REK, SRF), pp. 487–496.
- Taking it out of context: collaborating within and across cultures in face-to-face settings and via instant messaging (LDS, SRF, CN), pp. 604–613.
- CHI-2003-FussellSK #collaboration #physics #video
- Effects of head-mounted and scene-oriented video systems on remote collaboration on physical tasks (SRF, LDS, REK), pp. 513–520.
- CSCW-2002-KrautGF #development #using #visual notation
- The use of visual information in shared visual spaces: informing the development of virtual co-presence (REK, DG, SRF), pp. 31–40.
- CSCW-2000-FussellKS #collaboration #communication #coordination #visual notation
- Coordination of communication: effects of shared visual context on collaborative work (SRF, REK, JS), pp. 21–30.
- CSCW-1998-FussellKLSMC #communication #coordination #performance
- Coordination, Overload and Team Performance: Effects of Team Communication Strategies (SRF, REK, FJL, WLS, MMM, JJC), pp. 275–284.