1 × Austria
1 × China
1 × France
1 × Germany
1 × Italy
1 × Japan
13 × USA
4 × Canada
B.Semaan M.Bergman Y.Wang V.M.González B.Al-Ani V.Wulf S.T.Iqbal M.Czerwinski P.Johns M.Niiya N.M.Su E.Bradner M.D.Choudhury A.Monroy-Hernández S.Voida A.Cardello L.Dabbish D.Gudith U.Klocke C.P.Lee P.Dourish J.Harris S.E.Poltrock W.Prinz U.Pankoke-Babatz J.M.Haake N.A.Streitz I.Guy S.Kremer-Davidson M.Jacovi A.Echenique M.Shelton J.Chung J.Jones S.M.Reich M.Warschauer M.Bagdouri L.Palen J.H.Martin K.M.Anderson
requir (5) media (5) work (5) social (4) use (4) technolog (3) multitask (3) interrupt (3) groupwar (3) environ (3)
Person: Gloria Mark
Facilitated 1 volumes:
Wrote 31 papers:
- CSCW-2015-MarkICJ #multi
- Focused, Aroused, but so Distractible: Temporal Perspectives on Multitasking and Communications (GM, STI, MC, PJ), pp. 903–916.
- CSCW-2015-WangNMRW #social #social media #student
- Coming of Age (Digitally): An Ecological View of Social Media Use among College Students (YW, MN, GM, SMR, MW), pp. 571–582.
- CHI-2014-ChoudhuryMM #social #social media
- “Narco” emotions: affect and desensitization in social media during the mexican drug war (MDC, AMH, GM), pp. 3563–3572.
- CHI-2014-MarkICJ #online #process
- Bored mondays and focused afternoons: the rhythm of attention and online activity in the workplace (GM, STI, MC, PJ), pp. 3025–3034.
- CHI-2014-MarkWN #empirical #multi #online #process
- Stress and multitasking in everyday college life: an empirical study of online activity (GM, YW, MN), pp. 41–50.
- CSCW-2014-MarkGKJ #enterprise #social #social media
- Most liked, fewest friends: patterns of enterprise social media use (GM, IG, SKD, MJ), pp. 393–404.
- CSCW-2014-MarkICJ #facebook
- Capturing the mood: facebook and face-to-face encounters in the workplace (GM, STI, MC, PJ), pp. 1082–1094.
- CHI-2013-WangESM #chat #comparative #evaluation #interface #multi
- A comparative evaluation of multiple chat stream interfaces for information-intensive environments (YW, AE, MS, GM), pp. 2717–2720.
- CSCW-2013-WangM #online #social #social media #trust
- Trust in online news: comparing social media and official media use by chinese citizens (YW, GM), pp. 599–610.
- CHI-2012-MarkVC #email #empirical #quote
- “A pace not dictated by electrons”: an empirical study of work without email (GM, SV, AC), pp. 555–564.
- The Egyptian blogosphere: a counter-narrative of the revolution (BAA, GM, JC, JJ), pp. 17–26.
- Blogs as a collective war diary (GM, MB, LP, JHM, BAA, KMA), pp. 37–46.
- CSCW-2012-SemaanM #towards
- “Facebooking” towards crisis recovery and beyond: disruption as an opportunity (BS, GM), pp. 27–36.
- CHI-2011-DabbishMG #self #why
- Why do i keep interrupting myself?: environment, habit and self-interruption (LD, GM, VMG), pp. 3127–3130.
- CSCW-2011-SemaanM #trust
- Creating a context of trust with ICTs: restoring a sense of normalcy in the environment (BS, GM), pp. 255–264.
- Blogging in a region of conflict: supporting transition to recovery (BAA, GM, BS), pp. 1069–1078.
- Resilience through technology adoption: merging the old and the new in Iraq (GM, BAA, BS), pp. 689–698.
- CHI-2008-MarkGK #cost analysis
- The cost of interrupted work: more speed and stress (GM, DG, UK), pp. 107–110.
- CHI-2008-SuM #communication #multi
- Communication chains and multitasking (NMS, GM), pp. 83–92.
- CSCW-2008-MarkS #collaboration
- Resilience in collaboration: technology as a resource for new patterns of action (GM, BS), pp. 137–146.
- CSCW-2006-LeeDM #framework
- The human infrastructure of cyberinfrastructure (CPL, PD, GM), pp. 483–492.
- No task left behind?: examining the nature of fragmented work (GM, VMG, JH), pp. 321–330.
- CHI-2004-GonzalezM #constant #multi #quote
- “Constant, constant, multi-tasking craziness”: managing multiple working spheres (VMG, GM), pp. 113–120.
- RE-2004-MarkBP #requirements
- Expanding the Horizons of Requirements Engineering: Examining Requirements during Groupware Tool Diffusion (GM, MB, SEP), pp. 186–195.
- RE-2003-BergmanM #analysis #requirements
- In Situ Requirements Analysis: A Deeper Examination of the Relationship between Requirements Determination and Project Selection (MB, GM), pp. 11–22.
- CSCW-2002-BradnerM #distance #matter #persuasion #why
- Why distance matters: effects on cooperation, persuasion and deception (EB, GM), pp. 226–235.
- RE-2002-BergmanM #analysis #empirical #requirements
- Exploring the Relationship between Project Selection and Requirements Analysis: An Empirical Study of the New Millennium Program (MB, GM), pp. 247–254.
- CSCW-1998-PrinzMP #design
- Designing Groupware for Congruency in Use (WP, GM, UPB), pp. 373–382.
- HCI-CC-1997-MarkW #coordination #effectiveness
- Coordinating Effective Work Routines with Groupware: Intra- and Intergroup Conventions (GM, VW), pp. 73–76.
- HCI-CC-1997-WulfM #development #process
- The Emergence of Conventions Within Processes of Integrated Organization and Technology Development (VW, GM), pp. 293–296.
- CSCW-1996-MarkHS #collaboration #hypermedia
- Hypermedia Structures and the Division of Labor in Meeting Room Collaboration (GM, JMH, NAS), pp. 170–179.