1 × France
1 × South Korea
3 × Canada
4 × USA
J.Bardzell T.Pace A.Toombs ∅ S.Gross L.K.Hansen A.L.Toombs E.Stolterman G.Kannabiran G.Freeman S.C.Herring G.Zhang J.Nichols K.N.Reed K.O'Donnell N.DeWitt T.Pattin M.Jakobsson Will Odom Aaron R. Houssian
design (7) world (5) hci (5) warcraft (4) critic (4) intimaci (3) creativ (3) hackerspac (2) machinima (2) research (2)
Person: Shaowen Bardzell
Wrote 18 papers:
- CHI-2015-BardzellBH #design #research
- Immodest Proposals: Research Through Design and Knowledge (JB, SB, LKH), pp. 2093–2102.
- The Proper Care and Feeding of Hackerspaces: Care Ethics and Cultures of Making (ALT, SB, JB), pp. 629–638.
- CSCW-2015-FreemanBBH #game studies #gender #online #simulation
- Simulating Marriage: Gender Roles and Emerging Intimacy in an Online Game (GF, JB, SB, SCH), pp. 1191–1200.
- CHI-2014-BardzellBS #design
- Reading critical designs: supporting reasoned interpretations of critical design (JB, SB, ES), pp. 1951–1960.
- CHI-2014-BardzellBT #quote #self #tool support
- “Now that’s definitely a proper hack”: self-made tools in hackerspaces (JB, SB, AT), pp. 473–476.
- CHI-2014-BardzellBZP #design
- The lonely raccoon at the ball: designing for intimacy, sociability, and selfhood (JB, SB, GZ, TP), pp. 3943–3952.
- CHI-2013-BardzellB #design #question #what
- What is “critical” about critical design? (JB, SB), pp. 3297–3306.
- CHI-2013-GrossPBB #tool support
- Machinima production tools: a vernacular history of a creative medium (SG, TP, JB, SB), pp. 971–980.
- A tribute to Mad skill: expert amateur visuality and world of Warcraft Machinima (TP, AT, SG, TP, JB, SB), pp. 2019–2028.
- CSCW-2013-PaceODBB #community
- From organizational to community creativity: paragon leadership & creativity stories at etsy (TP, KO, ND, SB, JB), pp. 1023–1034.
- Come meet me at Ulduar: progression raiding in world of warcraft (JB, JN, TP, SB), pp. 603–612.
- CHI-2011-BardzellB #design #human-computer
- Pleasure is your birthright: digitally enabled designer sex toys as a case of third-wave HCI (JB, SB), pp. 257–266.
- CHI-2011-BardzellB11a #human-computer #social #towards
- Towards a feminist HCI methodology: social science, feminism, and HCI (SB, JB), pp. 675–684.
- CHI-2011-KannabiranBB #how #human-computer #research
- How HCI talks about sexuality: discursive strategies, blind spots, and opportunities for future research (GK, JB, SB), pp. 695–704.
- CHI-2010-Bardzell #design #human-computer
- Feminist HCI: taking stock and outlining an agenda for design (SB), pp. 1301–1310.
- The rogue in the lovely black dress: intimacy in world of warcraft (TP, SB, JB), pp. 233–242.
- CSCW-2008-BardzellBPR #effectiveness
- Blissfully productive: grouping and cooperation in world of warcraft instance runs (SB, JB, TP, KNR), pp. 357–360.
- DiGRA-2007-BardzellJBPOH #game studies #multi #online
- Virtual Worlds and Fraud: Approaching Cybersecurity in Massively Multiplayer Online Games (JB, MJ, SB, TP, WO, ARH).