1 × Canada
1 × France
1 × Italy
1 × South Korea
10 × USA
2 × The Netherlands
∅ J.Bowers A.Boucher T.Kerridge G.Smets K.Overbeeke N.Jarvis H.Martin A.Dunne J.Beaver P.Sengers A.Wilkie S.Benford R.B.Smith T.O'Shea M.Blythe P.C.Wright A.Sellen C.Heath P.Luff D.W.T.Cameron S.Pennington J.Kaye J.Pierce T.Hirsch T.Jenkins C.F.DiSalvo M.Michael L.Ovalle M.Plummer-Fernandez T.P.Moran A.MacLean L.Lövstrand P.Dourish K.Carter W.Buxton K.Boehner M.Hauenstein R.Phillips A.Law J.Humble N.Villar
design (7) space (3) home (3) environment (2) conceptu (2) system (2) effect (2) media (2) engag (2) what (2)
Person: William W. Gaver
Wrote 20 papers:
- CHI-2015-GaverMKWBOP #community #energy #internet
- Energy Babble: Mixing Environmentally-Oriented Internet Content to Engage Community Groups (WWG, MM, TK, AW, AB, LO, MPF), pp. 1115–1124.
- CHI-2015-PierceSHJGD #design #human-computer
- Expanding and Refining Design and Criticality in HCI (JP, PS, TH, TJ, WWG, CFD), pp. 2083–2092.
- CHI-2013-GaverBBBCHJP #approach #human-computer #prototype
- Indoor weather stations: investigating a ludic approach to environmental HCI through batch prototyping (WWG, JB, KB, AB, DWTC, MH, NJ, SP), pp. 3451–3460.
- CHI-2012-Gaver #design #question #research #what
- What should we expect from research through design? (WWG), pp. 937–946.
- CHI-2011-Gaver #design #how
- Making spaces: how design workbooks work (WWG), pp. 1551–1560.
- The photostroller: supporting diverse care home residents in engaging with the world (WWG, AB, JB, MB, NJ, DWTC, TK, AW, RP, PCW), pp. 1757–1766.
- The prayer companion: openness and specificity, materiality and spirituality (WWG, MB, AB, NJ, JB, PCW), pp. 2055–2064.
- CHI-2009-GaverBKBJ #design #how #what
- Anatomy of a failure: how we knew when our design went wrong, and what we learned from it (WWG, JB, TK, AB, NJ), pp. 2213–2222.
- Threshold devices: looking out from the home (WWG, AB, AL, SP, JB, JB, JH, TK, NV, AW), pp. 1429–1438.
- CHI-2007-GaverSKKB #health #testing #ubiquitous
- Enhancing ubiquitous computing with user interpretation: field testing the home health horoscope (WWG, PS, TK, JK, JB), pp. 537–546.
- CHI-2003-GaverBB #ambiguity #design
- Ambiguity as a resource for design (WWG, JB, SB), pp. 233–240.
- CHI-2000-GaverM #concept #design #named
- Alternatives: exploring information appliances through conceptual design proposals (WWG, HM), pp. 209–216.
- CHI-1999-GaverD #concept #design
- Projected Realities: Conceptual Design for Cultural Effect (WWG, AD), pp. 600–607.
- A Virtual Window on Media Space (WWG, GS, KO), pp. 257–264.
- CHI-1994-SmetsOG94a #named
- Form-giving: expressing the nonobvious (GS, KO, WWG), pp. 79–84.
- Synthesizing auditory icons (WWG), pp. 228–235.
- INTERCHI-1993-GaverSHL #multi
- One is not enough: multiple views in a media space (WWG, AS, CH, PL), pp. 335–341.
- CHI-1992-GaverMMLDCB #video
- Realizing a Video Environment: EuroPARC’s RAVE System (WWG, TPM, AM, LL, PD, KC, WB), pp. 27–35.
- Technology affordances (WWG), pp. 79–84.
- CHI-1991-GaverSO #effectiveness #simulation
- Effective sounds in complex systems: the ARKOLA simulation (WWG, RBS, TO), pp. 85–90.