1 × France
3 × Canada
7 × USA
J.Forlizzi A.Tomasic J.Wiese J.I.Hong D.Yoo W.Odom J.Min A.Steinfeld S.Davidoff A.K.Dey S.Y.Park ∅ I.Simmons Y.Huang I.Hargraves K.Mohnkern T.Hirsch S.Evenson B.D.Ziebart E.Karapanos J.Martens C.Sas S.Whittaker S.Dow J.Lindqvist J.Cranshaw F.K.Ozenc M.Kim S.Oney B.A.Myers K.Rivard A.Doryab S.Amini H.Choi S.Meier A.Park J.Cornwell R.M.McGuire A.Sellen R.Banks D.S.Kirk T.Regan M.Selby A.Kittur J.V.Nickerson M.S.Bernstein E.Gerber A.D.Shaw M.Lease J.Horton C.Garrod C.Hiruncharoenvate R.Aziz N.R.Thiruvengadam A.L.Higuera M.Marchitto J.Cañas Y.Lim T.Nam M.Lee Y.Lee D.Kim Y.Row J.Seok B.Sohn H.Moore
design (11) research (3) virtual (3) transit (3) support (3) possess (3) understand (2) smartphon (2) opportun (2) investig (2)
Person: John Zimmerman
Wrote 24 papers:
- CSCW-2015-WieseMHZ #quote
- “You Never Call, You Never Write”: Call and SMS Logs Do Not Always Indicate Tie Strength (JW, JKM, JIH, JZ), pp. 765–774.
- CHI-2014-MinDWAZH #detection #named #quality #smarttech
- Toss-n-turn: smartphone as sleep and sleep quality detector (JKM, AD, JW, SA, JZ, JIH), pp. 477–486.
- CHI-2014-OdomSBKRSFZ #case study #design
- Designing for slowness, anticipation and re-visitation: a long term field study of the photobox (WO, AS, RB, DSK, TR, MS, JF, JZ), pp. 1961–1970.
- CHI-2014-SasWDFZ #design #generative #research
- Generating implications for design through design research (CS, SW, SD, JF, JZ), pp. 1971–1980.
- Motivating contribution in a participatory sensing system via quid-pro-quo (AT, JZ, AS, YH), pp. 979–988.
- CHI-2013-OdomZFHMCLNLLKRSSM #comprehension
- Fragmentation and transition: understanding perceptions of virtual possessions among young adults in Spain, South Korea and the United States (WO, JZ, JF, ALH, MM, JC, YKL, TJN, MHL, YL, DjK, YKR, JS, BS, HM), pp. 1833–1842.
- CHI-2013-YooZH #co-evolution #design
- Probing bus stop for insights on transit co-design (DY, JZ, TH), pp. 409–418.
- CSCW-2013-KitturNBGSZLH #future of
- The future of crowd work (AK, JVN, MSB, EG, ADS, JZ, ML, JH), pp. 1301–1318.
- CSCW-2013-MinWHZ #mining #smarttech #social
- Mining smartphone data to classify life-facets of social relationships (JKM, JW, JIH, JZ), pp. 285–294.
- CHI-2012-OdomZFCMP #behaviour
- Investigating the presence, form and behavior of virtual possessions in the context of a teen bedroom (WO, JZ, JF, HC, SM, AP), pp. 327–336.
- CHI-2011-DavidoffZZD #coordination #learning #product line
- Learning patterns of pick-ups and drop-offs to support busy family coordination (SD, BDZ, JZ, AKD), pp. 1175–1184.
- CHI-2011-LindqvistCWHZ #people #why
- I’m the mayor of my house: examining why people use foursquare — a social-driven location sharing application (JL, JC, JW, JIH, JZ), pp. 2409–2418.
- CHI-2011-OdomZF #design
- Teenagers and their virtual possessions: design opportunities and issues (WO, JZ, JF), pp. 1491–1500.
- CHI-2011-ZimmermanTGYHATHS #co-evolution #design
- Field trial of Tiramisu: crowd-sourcing bus arrival times to spur co-design (JZ, AT, CG, DY, CH, RA, NRT, YH, AS), pp. 1677–1686.
- CHI-2010-DavidoffZD #coordination #how #product line
- How routine learners can support family coordination (SD, JZ, AKD), pp. 2461–2470.
- CHI-2010-OzencKZOM #design #how
- How to support designers in getting hold of the immaterial material of software (FKO, MK, JZ, SO, BAM), pp. 2513–2522.
- CHI-2010-ParkZ #process
- Investigating the opportunity for a smart activity bag (SYP, JZ), pp. 2543–2552.
- CHI-2010-YooZST #co-evolution #comprehension #design #interactive
- Understanding the space for co-design in riders’ interactions with a transit service (DY, JZ, AS, AT), pp. 1797–1806.
- CHI-2009-KarapanosZFM #experience #framework #user interface
- User experience over time: an initial framework (EK, JZ, JF, JBM), pp. 729–738.
- CHI-2009-Zimmerman #design #people
- Designing for the self: making products that help people become the person they desire to be (JZ), pp. 395–404.
- CHI-2009-ZimmermanRHTM #communication #effectiveness
- User-created forms as an effective method of human-agent communication (JZ, KR, IH, AT, KM), pp. 1869–1878.
- CHI-2007-ZimmermanFE #design #human-computer #interactive #research
- Research through design as a method for interaction design research in HCI (JZ, JF, SE), pp. 493–502.
- CHI-2007-ZimmermanTSHMCM #approach #automation #learning #named
- Vio: a mixed-initiative approach to learning and automating procedural update tasks (JZ, AT, IS, IH, KM, JC, RMM), pp. 1445–1454.
- Processing information intent via weak labeling (AT, IS, JZ), pp. 856–857.