1 × France
1 × Georgia
1 × Italy
1 × South Korea
4 × Canada
4 × USA
E.Horvitz B.P.Bailey G.Mark M.Czerwinski P.Johns E.Ofek Y.Ju K.Hara K.Strauss J.Grudin J.Cheng J.Teevan M.S.Bernstein T.T.Nguyen D.T.Nguyen E.Mathews P.D.Adamczyk X.S.Zheng A.K.Karlson B.Meyers G.Ramos K.Lee J.C.Tang
task (5) convers (4) studi (4) dure (4) effect (3) understand (2) workplac (2) stranger (2) perspect (2) investig (2)
Person: Shamsi T. Iqbal
Wrote 17 papers:
- CHI-2015-ChengTIB #comparison
- Break It Down: A Comparison of Macro- and Microtasks (JC, JT, STI, MSB), pp. 4061–4064.
- CHI-2015-HaraI #lessons learnt
- Effect of Machine Translation in Interlingual Conversation: Lessons from a Formative Study (KH, STI), pp. 3473–3482.
- CHI-2015-NguyenNIO #personalisation #topic
- The Known Stranger: Supporting Conversations between Strangers with Personalized Topic Suggestions (TTN, DTN, STI, EO), pp. 555–564.
- CSCW-2015-MarkICJ #multi
- Focused, Aroused, but so Distractible: Temporal Perspectives on Multitasking and Communications (GM, STI, MC, PJ), pp. 903–916.
- CHI-2014-MarkICJ #online #process
- Bored mondays and focused afternoons: the rhythm of attention and online activity in the workplace (GM, STI, MC, PJ), pp. 3025–3034.
- CSCW-2014-MarkICJ #facebook
- Capturing the mood: facebook and face-to-face encounters in the workplace (GM, STI, MC, PJ), pp. 1082–1094.
- Reducing disruption from subtle information delivery during a conversation: mode and bandwidth investigation (EO, STI, KS), pp. 3111–3120.
- CHI-2011-IqbalGH #cost analysis
- Peripheral computing during presentations: perspectives on costs and preferences (STI, JG, EH), pp. 891–894.
- CHI-2011-IqbalHJM #exclamation
- Hang on a sec!: effects of proactive mediation of phone conversations while driving (STI, EH, YCJ, EM), pp. 463–472.
- Cars, calls, and cognition: investigating driving and divided attention (STI, YCJ, EH), pp. 1281–1290.
- CHI-2010-KarlsonIMRLT #mobile #smarttech
- Mobile taskflow in context: a screenshot study of smartphone usage (AKK, STI, BM, GR, KL, JCT), pp. 2009–2018.
- CSCW-2010-IqbalH #case study
- Notifications and awareness: a field study of alert usage and preferences (STI, EH), pp. 27–30.
- Effects of intelligent notification management on users and their tasks (STI, BPB), pp. 93–102.
- CHI-2007-IqbalB #comprehension #detection #interactive #modelling
- Understanding and developing models for detecting and differentiating breakpoints during interactive tasks (STI, BPB), pp. 697–706.
- CHI-2007-IqbalH #analysis #case study
- Disruption and recovery of computing tasks: field study, analysis, and directions (STI, EH), pp. 677–686.
- CHI-2006-IqbalB #cost analysis #predict
- Leveraging characteristics of task structure to predict the cost of interruption (STI, BPB), pp. 741–750.
- CHI-2005-IqbalAZB #comprehension #execution #towards
- Towards an index of opportunity: understanding changes in mental workload during task execution (STI, PDA, XSZ, BPB), pp. 311–320.