1 × France
1 × Italy
1 × South Korea
1 × The Netherlands
11 × USA
3 × Canada
J.Pycock W.W.Gaver A.Boucher J.O'Brien B.Nissen T.Kerridge P.C.Wright N.Jarvis F.Winberg D.B.Martin ∅ T.Rodden J.Churcher P.Olivier C.Greenhalgh S.Benford M.Blythe D.W.T.Cameron S.Pennington C.Crivellaro R.Comber A.Wilkie P.Sengers J.Kaye L.E.Fahlén D.Snowdon T.Smith S.J.Bowen J.Hook A.Verhoeven K.Boehner M.Hauenstein R.Phillips A.Law J.Beaver J.Humble N.Villar M.P.Craven I.Taylor A.Drozd J.Purbrick M.Fraser K.Jää-Aro B.Lintermann M.Hoch
virtual (4) design (4) environ (3) cooper (3) work (3) user (3) home (3) cscw (3) prototyp (2) interfac (2)
Person: John Bowers
Wrote 20 papers:
- CHI-2015-NissenB #named #process
- Data-Things: Digital Fabrication Situated within Participatory Data Translation Activities (BN, JB), pp. 2467–2476.
- CHI-2015-SmithBNHVBWO #gesture
- Exploring Gesture Sonification to Support Reflective Craft Practice (TS, SJB, BN, JH, AV, JB, PCW, PO), pp. 67–76.
- CHI-2014-CrivellaroCBWO #facebook #social
- A pool of dreams: facebook, politics and the emergence of a social movement (CC, RC, JB, PCW, PO), pp. 3573–3582.
- CHI-2013-GaverBBBCHJP #approach #human-computer #prototype
- Indoor weather stations: investigating a ludic approach to environmental HCI through batch prototyping (WWG, JB, KB, AB, DWTC, MH, NJ, SP), pp. 3451–3460.
- The photostroller: supporting diverse care home residents in engaging with the world (WWG, AB, JB, MB, NJ, DWTC, TK, AW, RP, PCW), pp. 1757–1766.
- The prayer companion: openness and specificity, materiality and spirituality (WWG, MB, AB, NJ, JB, PCW), pp. 2055–2064.
- CHI-2009-GaverBKBJ #design #how #what
- Anatomy of a failure: how we knew when our design went wrong, and what we learned from it (WWG, JB, TK, AB, NJ), pp. 2213–2222.
- Threshold devices: looking out from the home (WWG, AB, AL, SP, JB, JB, JH, TK, NV, AW), pp. 1429–1438.
- CHI-2007-GaverSKKB #health #testing #ubiquitous
- Enhancing ubiquitous computing with user interpretation: field testing the home health horoscope (WWG, PS, TK, JK, JB), pp. 537–546.
- CSCW-2004-WinbergB #design #interface #towards #visual notation
- Assembling the senses: towards the design of cooperative interfaces for visually impaired users (FW, JB), pp. 332–341.
- Exploiting interactivity, influence, space and time to explore non-linear drama in virtual worlds (MPC, IT, AD, JP, CG, SB, MF, JB, KMJA, BL, MH), pp. 30–37.
- CSCW-2000-BowersM #interactive
- Machinery in the new factories: interaction and technology in a bank’s telephone call centre (JB, DBM), pp. 49–58.
- CHI-1996-BowersPO #collaboration
- Talk and Embodiment in Collaborative Virtual Environments (JB, JP, JO), pp. 58–65.
- Practically Accomplishing Immersion: Cooperation in and for Virtual Environments (JB, JO, JP), pp. 380–389.
- CSCW-1996-PycockB #design #industrial
- Getting Others to get it Right: an Ethnography of Design Work in the Fashion Industry (JP, JB), pp. 219–228.
- CHI-1995-BenfordBFGS #collaboration
- User Embodiment in Collaborative Virtual Environments (SB, JB, LEF, CG, DS), pp. 242–249.
- CHI-1994-BowersP94a #design #prototype #requirements
- Talking through design: requirements and resistance in cooperative prototyping (JB, JP), pp. 299–305.
- CSCW-1994-Bowers #network
- The Work to Make a Network Work: Studying CSCW in Action (JB), pp. 287–298.
- INTERCHI-1993-BowersR #case study #experience #interface #network
- Exploding the interface: experiences of a CSCW network (JB, TR), pp. 255–262.
- CSCW-1988-BowersC #communication
- Local and Global Structuring of Computer Mediated Communication: Developing Linguistic Perspectives on CSCW in Cosmos (JB, JC), pp. 125–139.