1 × Canada
1 × France
1 × Georgia
1 × Italy
1 × South Korea
10 × USA
2 × China
J.T.Hancock R.Balakrishnan A.Ranjan R.Baecker M.E.Smith C.Mak L.Reynolds S.Ibara M.Jones-Rounds T.A.Finholt D.B.Horn J.Guillory N.N.Bazarova N.A.R.Merola A.Paul D.Retelny S.B.Steinhardt A.Pavese N.Bi S.R.Fussell G.Leshed G.Gay M.French J.T.Hancock C.Gutwin G.Ramos M.Watson S.Greenberg T.Grossman S.J.Bae A.Benjamin D.Gromala A.Furlan M.Wu B.Richards M.Massimi D.Motwani S.Jayaraman E.Litt E.L.Spottswood J.Perlin B.Amos S.Nomura O.Rieger D.Trumbull G.T.Almes J.N.Cummings I.T.Foster T.Hey B.Spencer S.Gillette J.Marder Z.Miles P.Vodenski A.Weintraub D.Perez D.Cosley S.Lee P.L.McLeod R.Causey S.Laughton K.Rankin A.Weir P.Wolf
distribut (6) group (6) collabor (5) awar (5) interact (4) write (4) decept (3) butler (3) task (3) lie (3)
Person: Jeremy P. Birnholtz
Wrote 26 papers:
- CHI-2015-BirnholtzMP #facebook #quote
- “Is it Weird to Still Be a Virgin”: Anonymous, Locally Targeted Questions on Facebook Confession Boards (JPB, NARM, AP), pp. 2613–2622.
- CHI-2015-FrenchSBH #ambiguity #how #lens
- Is This How We (All) Do It?: Butler Lies and Ambiguity Through a Broader Lens (MF, MES, JPB, JTH), pp. 4079–4082.
- CSCW-2014-LittSBHSR #facebook #self
- Awkward encounters of an “other” kind: collective self-presentation and face threat on facebook (EL, ELS, JPB, JTH, MES, LR), pp. 449–460.
- CHI-2013-BirnholtzHR #student #twitter
- Tweeting for class: co-construction as a means for engaging students in lectures (JPB, JTH, DR), pp. 797–800.
- CHI-2013-BirnholtzSP #case study #collaboration #exclamation #maintenance
- Write here, write now!: an experimental study of group maintenance in collaborative writing (JPB, SBS, AP), pp. 961–970.
- Butler lies from both sides: actions and perceptions of unavailability management in texting (LR, MES, JPB, JTH), pp. 769–778.
- CHI-2012-BirnholtzBF #behaviour
- Do you see that I see?: effects of perceived visibility on awareness checking behavior (JPB, NB, SRF), pp. 1765–1774.
- CSCW-2012-BenjaminBBGF #how #interactive
- Impression management work: how seniors with chronic pain address disruptions in their interactions (AB, JPB, RB, DG, AF), pp. 799–808.
- CSCW-2012-BirnholtzI #collaboration #maintenance
- Tracking changes in collaborative writing: edits, visibility and group maintenance (JPB, SI), pp. 809–818.
- CSCW-2011-ReynoldsGMMVWBH #student
- Contact stratification and deception: blackberry messenger versus SMS use among students (LR, SG, JM, ZM, PV, AW, JPB, JTH), pp. 221–224.
- CHI-2010-BirnholtzJ #comprehension #independence #interactive #privacy
- Independence and interaction: understanding seniors’ privacy and awareness needs for aging in place (JPB, MJR), pp. 143–152.
- CSCW-2010-BirnholtzGHB #quote
- “On my way”: deceptive texting and interpersonal awareness narratives (JPB, JG, JTH, NNB), pp. 1–4.
- CHI-2009-HancockBBGPA #design
- Butler lies: awareness, deception and design (JTH, JPB, NNB, JG, JP, BA), pp. 517–526.
- CHI-2009-LeshedPHCBLMG #behaviour #feedback #realtime #visualisation
- Visualizing real-time language-based feedback on teamwork behavior in computer-mediated groups (GL, DP, JTH, DC, JPB, SL, PLM, GG), pp. 537–546.
- CHI-2008-BirnholtzGRW #distributed #interactive #named
- OpenMessenger: gradual initiation of interaction for distributed workgroups (JPB, CG, GR, MW), pp. 1661–1664.
- CHI-2008-BirnholtzMGB #distributed
- Attention by proxy? issues in audience awareness for webcasts to distributed groups (JPB, CM, SG, RB), pp. 103–106.
- CHI-2008-RanjanBB #detection
- Improving meeting capture by applying television production principles with audio and motion detection (AR, JPB, RB), pp. 227–236.
- CHI-2008-WuBRBM #distributed #memory management #product line
- Collaborating to remember: a distributed cognition account of families coping with memory impairments (MW, JPB, BR, RB, MM), pp. 825–834.
- CSCW-2008-NomuraBRLTG #collaboration #comprehension #coordination #distributed #research
- Cutting into collaboration: understanding coordination in distributed and interdisciplinary medical research (SN, JPB, OR, GL, DT, GG), pp. 427–436.
- CHI-2007-BirnholtzGMB #case study #process #scalability #using
- An exploratory study of input configuration and group process in a negotiation task using a large display (JPB, TG, CM, RB), pp. 91–100.
- CHI-2007-RanjanBB #automation #visual notation
- Dynamic shared visual spaces: experimenting with automatic camera control in a remote repair task (AR, JPB, RB), pp. 1177–1186.
- HIMI-IIE-2007-BaeckerBCLRMWW #distributed #interactive #learning #realtime
- Webcasting Made Interactive: Integrating Real-Time Videoconferencing in Distributed Learning Spaces (RB, JPB, RC, SL, KR, CM, AW, PW), pp. 269–278.
- CSCW-2006-RanjanBB #analysis #collaboration
- An exploratory analysis of partner action and camera control in a video-mediated collaborative task (AR, JPB, RB), pp. 403–412.
- CHI-2005-BirnholtzFHB #ad hoc #chat #distributed #lightweight #scalability
- Grounding needs: achieving common ground via lightweight chat in large, distributed, ad-hoc groups (JPB, TAF, DBH, SJB), pp. 21–30.
- CSCW-2004-AlmesCBFHS #challenge
- CSCW and cyberinfrastructure: opportunities and challenges (GTA, JNC, JPB, ITF, TH, BS), pp. 270–273.
- CSCW-2004-HornFBMJ #analysis #evolution #network #research #social
- Six degrees of jonathan grudin: a social network analysis of the evolution and impact of CSCW research (DBH, TAF, JPB, DM, SJ), pp. 582–591.